Saturday, September 1, 2012

Football & Chili, A Match Made In Heaven

My husband graduated from an SEC school and I from a Big Ten school so the first football Saturday is a time to celebrate. What better way than with chili and cornbread! In the past, I was never known for chili. I tried many recipes, but none won rave reviews until I came upon this one last year. It is from Ree Drummond's book, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks". I love her recipes for their simplicity! A must with the chili is her Skillet Cornbread. I used rice flour instead of all purpose flour and it came out with a great consistency. This dinner from start to table took 90 minutes. It makes enough for 2 meals and freezes beautifully so you have a quick weeknight meal when you need it! I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment