Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Soup

The other day, someone told me that they didn't cook because recipes are either too complicated, too expensive, or too time consuming. To cut down on cost, I will plan 2-3 meals around a group of ingredients. For example, I've made nachos, chili and tonight's recipe with the same cheese and spices. I also tend to keep my meal recipes down to 10-15 ingredients or so and I usually get at least 2 meals out of one cooking session. Soup is a great meal because you can fix it and then let it simmer until you're ready to eat. I was able to make this soup in about 15 minutes! This is a slimmed down version of Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking. It is 266 calories vs 380 calories per cup.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Makeover-Chicken-Enchilada-Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment