Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Dinner Party

Some dear friends are visiting my parents this weekend.  We don't see them often so we thought  it would be nice to have them over for dinner. This meal took a little over 4 hours to complete so it is a little more labor intensive.  While I was cooking, my husband came home and cleaned the house for me.  The Messy Cook would be nothing without her supporting spouse! The menu was:

Horseradish-Herb Crusted Beef Rib Roast
Scalloped Potatoes
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Parmesan
Green Salad
Rhodes Rolls
Pumpkin Cake

This meal was all about timing and I was very happy that I managed to get it all on the table at the same time!  The pumpkin cake and table decorations were courtesy of Pinterest while the Brussels sprout was a recipe that I found in Southern Living years ago.  It can convert any sprout hater into a sprout eater!

We had a great time visiting with our friends and hope to see them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment