Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Variations On A Theme Plus Q&A





Tonight's dinner was a variation of a dinner from a couple of weeks ago.  I did the prep work last night so it only took 15 minutes to get dinner on the table tonight.  I fixed The Pioneer  Woman's Ranch Chicken Sandwiches with peas and Bobby Flay's Creamy Cole Slaw.  I didn't have cheddar or Dijon mustard for the chicken, but I did have shredded asiago and yellow mustard which made fair substitutes.  Not always adhering to the recipe is part of what makes cooking interesting to me.  You never know what new flavors you can bring out!  


I've had a couple of questions about my posts:


Where are the chili and cornbread recipes?


Skillet Cornbread


Simply Perfect Chili


What did 73/27 mean for the ground beef in the meatloaf recipe?

It means the meat is 73% lean and 27% fat.  

What does GF stand for?

It is the abbreviation for Gluten Free.

Were the tortillas used for the chicken soft tacos really corn?

Yes, they are Chi Chi's white corn tortillas.

We are going camping this weekend so my next post will be around campfire cooking!  Send me any easy recipes that you would like to share!  I've had requests for recipes for hollandaise sauce and also mexican pork stew both of which I will be making in the next couple of weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment