Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Night Dinner at Mimi & Papa's

Tonight, we had dinner at my parents' house along with my sister's family. My mom made a family favorite that she was able to put together in less than 90 minutes. We call it goulash although it isn't a traditional goulash recipe! This is a recipe that my dad's mother taught my mom when she was a new wife. Mom paired it with both green beans and corn so all of her grandsons would eat their veggies!

Goulash:
(serves 6)

2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 16oz bag of medium wide egg noodles cooked per pkg instrp

Brown the beef and minced garlic in a sauce pot. Place stewed tomatoes in food processor and purée. Add the puréed tomatoes, sauce, sugar and Parmesan to the sauce pot. Let simmer for at least 1 hour. 15 minutes before serving, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and incorporate noodles into the sauce mixture. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Although I never knew of grandma making this, my recipe is pretty similar. We use elbow macoroni instead of egg noodles, but I may try the egg noodles next time.

    ReplyDelete