Hello, All!! I’m back! It has been a long while since my last post. Life has been so crazy the last couple of years, I haven’t had the time to post. I missed it so I’m going to make a bigger effort to get back in the blogging groove! 😊
My family really enjoys seafood so I try to make it at least once s week. Shrimp is our usual fare and I’ve publish quite a few recipes using shrimp, Tonight’s dinner was sea scallops which are my husband’s favorite! Scallops cook quickly when you pan sear them which makes timing sides a bit tricky. I found a baked recipe which I like because it takes 20 minutes without over cooking the scallops. It is super flavorful with Parmesan cheese and a nice mix of spices! Hope you try this recipe & enjoy it as much as we do!
Baked Sea Scallops
• 1.5 lb. large sea scallops
• 6 tblsp butter, melted
• 2 tbsp sherry
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* Rinse the scallops and pat dry. Place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
* In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the butter, wine, lemon juice, 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsle, sweet paprika & cayenne pepper,
* Spoon a little of the mixture on top of each scallop.
* Cover the pan with foil and bake until scallops are cooked through and opaque. This should take about 20 minutes.
* Uncover the scallops and broil for a minute or two to brown. Serve immediately!!