Friday, October 11, 2013

The World in a Bowl Night 4: GF Guinness Beef Stew and GF Banana Bread



Tonight, we went back to our beautiful honeymoon in Ireland.  I made a staple recipe, Guinness Beef Stew.   This time, I made it GF by substituting the flour in the recipe.  I also used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.   I posted it last Fall.: http://messycooker.blogspot.com/2012/09/guinness-beef-stew.html.  

My youngest requested banana bread so I put together a GF 
version of the quintessential recipe.  It only took 5 minutes in the 
stand mixer.  Everyone liked it including the dog who managed 
to snatch a piece when my back was turned!  




 


GF Banana Bread:

Ingredients:




3-4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of GF multi-purpose 


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F .  Mix butter into the mashed bananas. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Incorporate the baking soda and salt into the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 70 minutes.  Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.





These two recipes do make a lot of dishes, but are well worth the effort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment