Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Flavors: Kielbasa & Sweet Potatoes




We went on an overnight trip last night and didn't arrive home this afternoon until 4:30pm. Since we had pizza last night, I didn't want to have a carry out dinner two nights in a row, but I also didn't want to get into a complicated and messy meal late in the day. After looking through what I had on hand, I decided to pull together a simple casserole of Fall flavors.  The meal took 15 minutes to prep an then an hour to bake.  My mother-in-law put together a green salad to round out the meal.  My father-in-law told me he was going to charge a royalty fee for a picture of the salad, but it was so pretty, I'm taking my chances! :o)



Fall Casserole
(Serves 6-8)

Ingredients:

2 kielbasa sausages
3 sweet potatoes
3 apples
1 medium onion
1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp brown sugar
salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425*F.  Slice up kielbasa.  Peel and cube sweet potatoes.  Peel, core and slice apples.  Slice the onion into thin rings.  




Toss the cut ingredients in a large bowl.  Add the oil and mix together.  Add the brown sugar one tablespoon at a time.  Mix well between each addition.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Place the mixture in a 9x13 casserole dish.  Cover with foil and bake for one (1) hour.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment