Tuesday, October 15, 2013

GF Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



My boys are off of school this week enjoying Fall Break with their grandparents.  They are away on an overnight trip tonight so I thought I would have a treat waiting for them when they get back home. Instead of regular chocolate chip cookies, I made an oatmeal cookie with loads of chocolate chips and of course they are gluten free!  I used a large scoop which yielded 43 cookies.  There are currently 40 cookies cooling because after doing an initial taste test, my husband decided he needed to retest for quality purposes!  They passed the stringent quality control examination :o). 

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups GF flour
  • 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

I accidentally omitted the regular sugar and xanthum gum from the photo, but they were in the recipe!

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. 

Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.  Let cookie dough rest in the refridge for an hour. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets (I use silpat mats on my cookie sheets). Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing from sheet.


Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing from sheet. Store in an airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment