Friday, November 8, 2013

Pan Roasted Carrots and Parsnips





I've been trying to expand our vegetable selections. I've been in a serious mashed potato rut because they are easy and everyone likes them.   My husband is not a big fan of cheese sauces so that eliminates quite a few dishes.  There have been readers from around the World checking out my recipes and I would love to hear from you any and all suggestions for vegetable side dishes! Tonight's alternative veggie dish was pan roasted carrots and parsnips.  It was a really tasty dish and was a snp to prepare!  The carrots and parsnips were a nice complement to the beef and pork mix meatloaf.  I hope you try it too and send me your veggie recipes!!

Pan Roasted Carrots & Parsnips:

Ingredients:

3 parsnips, peeled and cut
3 carrots, peeled and cut
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp red wine vinegar



Directions:  

Heat oil and butter over a medium burner.  When butter is melted, add carrots and parsnips.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Sauté for 5-7 minutes,  


Add poppy seeds and sauté for another 5 minutes.  Stir occasionally to keep from over browning.  Add paprika and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.  Lastly,  add the red wine vinegar and cook until vinegar is evaporated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment