Saturday, November 16, 2013

Easy Asian: Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken!



Last night's dinner was of Asian influence.  It was a super simple crockpot meal that was done in 3 hours!  I started it after the boys got home from school and while it was cooking, I had time to bake a cake and 24 cupcakes :)



This was another recipe that I found on Pinterest from www.thecomfortofcooking.com. 
 


I made some modifications to the recipe.  Because our family of 4 really only eats about 3.5 servings, I cut down on the chicken and only used 1 package of chicken breasts which held 3 pieces.  This was plenty for us!  Also because I watch our sodium intake, I used a Worstershire sauce/water solution in place of the soy sauce.  The mixture was 6 tbsp Worstershire sauce and 3 tbsp water which equaled roughly 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
 



Lastly, I cooked the chicken on high for 2 hours, shredded it and then put it back into the crockpot after the cornstarch mixture.  I then cooked it for an additional 40 minutes as the chicken was still a bit pink when I shredded it.  You should always use your best judgement about cooking times because appliances do vary in temperature!  This is a recipe that everyone liked and I will definitely make again!– 

No comments:

Post a Comment