Sunday, November 10, 2013

Green Beans Deconstructed



A couple of months ago, I read an article on a local food blogger, Heather Tallman (aka Basilmomma). I've been following her on Twitter where she recently posted a picture of some great looking green beans ( https://twitter.com/basilmomma/status/395696065401593856) She was creating a recipe for a future appearance on Indy Style.  Her dish looked like a great dish for Thanksgiving! This is my attempt to replicate the picture.  I'll be interested to read her recipe when it is published in the future!  I did my dish on the stove top as oven space will be at a premium on Thanksgiving!  I also added mushrooms which weren't in Heather's picture, but I had them on hand and thought they would add a nice flavor.  I took the beans over to my parents as my mom made a wonderful meal to celebrate my oldest son's birthday!  The recipe was well received by the family so I think it had made the cut for Thanksgiving! 

Sesame Mushroom Green Beans:

2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp butter
2 lbs green beans, trimmed
5-6 baby Bella mushrooms, sliced thin
1 bunch green onions, sliced with some green tops
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
Salt & pepper to taste


Directions:

Heat olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter over low-med burner.  When butter is melted, add the green beans.  Toss and cook for about 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms.  Cook for 4-5 until the mushrooms start to soften. Stirring occasionally.  Salt and pepper to taste. Add the sesame seeds and green onions. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment