Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 8 of the under 500 Calorie Challenge: Cilantro Lime Pork Chops

Today was Day 8 of my 500 calorie or less dinner challenge. I made Cilantro Lime Pork Chops which I discovered I had left 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro off the earlier recipe when I wrote it in the blog! I also made the potato & cabbage casserole. The chops were 275 calories and the casserole is 149 calories per serving so I opted to add a dessert tonight and dipped orange slices in chocolate! My ulterior motive was to sneak some fruit in on my 7 year old who dislikes almost everything by sight! He picked at the chocolate, but didn't taste the orange :(. Everyone else enjoyed them though. Each serving was 81 calories each! So the dinner was 505 calories in total which I think is till pretty good. On a side note, the scale said I was 2.5 lbs less than last Monday which I will attribute to the challenge! It is keeping me energized to keep going!


Chocolate Covered Orange Slices:
(Serves 6)

3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
4 pieces Bakers Milk Chocolate, melted per package instructions.

Cover a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Dip 1/2 of each orange slice in the melted chocolate and place on baking sheet. Chill tray in the refridge for at least 15 minutes to low the chocolate to firm up.





No comments:

Post a Comment