Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bourbon Glazed Carrots


As many of you know, we recently sold our home snd moved into a rental while we build a new home.  Between the move, school activities & work, I haven't had much blogging time!  I opened my box of cookbooks over the weekend and started to get into some serious meal planning again.  One of the recipes I chose for the week was the Pioneer Woman's Whiskey Glazed Carrots.

I modified the recipe and used a bourbon liqueur that I had on hand because the only whiskey in the house is a bottle of 12 year old Jameson's reserve that my sister gave my husband.  He would not have been too happy if I used it in a recipe! ;-). 

This recipe only took 30 minutes and was super tasty!  I started out gathering & prepping all the ingredients ,  

Melt a. 1/2 stick of butter and toss in carrots .  Cook for 5-6 minutes and remove from the pan.


Add the alcohol and cook it for 2-3 minutes.  Add the other 1/2 stick of butter and melt. Lastly, add the brown sugar.  Stir constantly for about 3 minutes before. 

Adding the carrots back into the pan.  Cover & let cook on low for  5 minutes.
Uncover and cook got an extra 5 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment