Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday Night Shrimp Boil!


Last night I did an easy peasy dinner.  It took about 45 minutes from start to finish and was a small clean up job :). Everyone in the family loves all the ingredients in a shrimp boil. I modified the Old Bay recipe.  



What did I do?  I didn't put in the sausage as I want to have 2-3 meals without beef, chicken or pork.  I also cut down on the recipe because there are only 4 of us and I didn't want to waste any food.  I also made cole slaw because it just seemed like the right thing to do :)

Sunday Shrimp Boil:

4 quarts of water
1 bottle of beer
1/4 cup Old Bay
1 tbsp salt
2 lg onions quartered
1 small bag of red potatoes, quartered
4 ears of corn cut into thirds
2 lb raw shrimp



Directions:

In an 8-quart stock pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.  Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 13 minutes. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.  Slowly stir shrimp into the pot and let boil for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat and drain liquid.  Pour the contents of the pot into a large bowl an serve hot!  




No comments:

Post a Comment