Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Crockpot Tortellini



Today we had our first scout meeting of the year so I knew we would be rushed.  I chose to make a super simple crockpot recipe.  This is a modified recipe based on one that I got 4-5 years ago when I subscribed to eMeals which is a great online weekly menu planner that includes the shopping list that you need to complete the menus.  This is not GF, but I think there are pre-made GF pastas available. 

Crockpot Tortellini:

Ingredients:
2 lg cans diced tomatoes
1 lg can crushed tomatoes
1 lg can tomato sauce
1 lg can tomato paste
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp italian seasoning
1 pkg tortellini, family size
1 cup shredded mozzarella 

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except the tortellini and mozzarella in the crockpot.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Thirty minutes before serving, gently stir in the tortellini and cover all with cheese.  Replace lid and let cook for the last 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment