Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Goodies

Tonight, I started making Christmas goodies. I was looking for a gluten free recipe that would be no fail. My friend, Lisa B. recommended I look for a no flour peanut butter recipe. I found one that has only 4 ingredients, how simple is that! I doubled the batch so I could do both peanut butter cookies and peanut blossoms. Both passed the family taste test!

No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies:
Makes 2 dozen cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325*. In a medium bowl, using a spoon, mix all ingredients until just blended. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet and press a crisscross pattern into each drop with a fork. Bake 10 to 11 minutes, or until light golden. Cool before removing from baking sheet.

Peanut Blossom Option:

Roll rounded teaspoonfuls in granulated sugar before placing on the baking sheet. Bake 11-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before placing a candy kiss in the center of the cookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment