Monday, September 15, 2014

Quick Weeknight Dinner: Shrimp Noodle Bowl


Tonight, I made another recipe from Pinterest.  I love all the great ideas that I find on that site!  The original recipe came from BevCooks.  I changed it a bit, more shrimp and noodles. I added less ginger too.  Lastly, I omitted both the garlic and lime from the original recipe.  The noodles are GF and easy on the tummy!  Everybody loved it especially my husband (aka my clean up crew) since I only messed up one skillet! :o)

Shrimp Noodle Bowls:  
Serves 8

Ingredients:

  4 tbsp olive oil, divided

 4 tsp sesame oil, divided
 2 (10oz) bags large shrimp; thawed, peeled and deveined
1/2 tbsp minced ginger
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
2 cups chicken stock
1 (14 oz) box stir fry noodles
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp sriracha sauce
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
1 bunch green onion, diced


Directions:

Heat the 2 tbsp of each oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the shrimp, cook for about 5 minutes.  Shrimp cook quickly so don't leave them unattended! Remove from pan and set aside.


Drain any liquid from the pan and add the remaining oils.  Add the ginger and bell pepper. Sauté for one minute, then add the coconut milk, stock, noodles, fish sauce, sriracha sauce, cilantro and green onion.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until noodles cook through, about 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir shrimp back into the skillet before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment