Sunday, September 7, 2014

GF Cherry Almond Cupcakes


Several months ago, I pinned a recipe from BHG for Minature Cherry-Almond Vanilla Cupcakes.   They looked so good!    I had been looking for a reason to make them so I decided to give them a try as the dessert for our Labor Day party.  I opted to make a dozen regular cupcakes instead of 24 minis.  I also used GF flour instead of regular flour.  When I use GF flour which is much finer, I increase the amount that a recipe calls for. In this case, I added 1/4 cup extra.  Below are the ingredients. 


Cream the butter and sugar together along with the vanilla and almond extracts.  Mix the dry ingredients together with a fork then mix the wet ingredients together.  

Alternate the addition of the cherry mixture and the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl until you get a smooth batter.

Fill the desired cupcake wells 3/4 full with batter.  Push half a maraschino cherry into each well and then smooth the batter to cover it.

Bake for 20 minutes in a 350*F oven.  You always need to bake GF items a few minutes longer than when you use regular flour.  

Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.  I actually made these the day before serving and stored in an airtight container.  I decorated the cupcakes a few hours before the party.  The frosting consisted of just 5 ingredients and came together in about 2 minutes!

Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes!  I hope you will try them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment