Sunday, December 29, 2013

Southern Living: Chicken-And-Collards Pilau


This past week has been a blur of activity between Christmas festivities and reorganizing our house in hopes of making it pop more for prospective buyers.  As a result, we've either eaten sandwiches or out of the house for dinner.  Believe it or not, I'm still cooking from Southern Living!  Tonight, I made the Chicken-and-Collards Pilau and it was absolutely delicious! It was a one pot meal and once I had the prep done, the cooking went quickly.  This meal won a thumbs up from my family and both boys ate the greens because they were so flavorful!  This will definetly be a repeat meal. 

For cooking instructions follow the link above.  Below is how I made it :o)

Gather all the ingredients...,


Next, get it all prepped to cook or as my chemist husband, get all my reagents ready....


After cooking the sausage , remove it from the pot and add the olive oil and chicken.  Once the chicken is cooked, add the veggies except the collard greens and cook for another 5-7 minutes.



Add the remaining ingredients plus the sausage to the pot. The collard greens will look like too much, but the cook down like spinach so don't worry!  Bring the pot to boil then cover and place in a 360*F oven for 20-25 minutes.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment