Wednesday, July 24, 2013

GF Shake 'n Bake Chicken



I cook lots of chicken in this house and up until I started deleting processed foods from our diets, I used Shake n Bake quite a bit. The boys love the crispy topping.  This is my GF version which looks pretty close to the out of the box version.  Everyone gave it the thumbs up so the recipe will stay in the rotation :). I paired the chicken with corn and roasted asparagus, Yum!  Love the summer veggie choices!  





For the asparagus,  I just drizzle on olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. After gently tossing the asparagus on the pan, I sprinkle corn flake crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top. Bak at 350* F for 20 minutes and enjoy!


GF Shake 'n Bake Chicken:




Ingredients:

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp italian herbs
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.  Beat the egg and milk together in a shallow dish.  Melt the butter and mix with the corn flakes, paprika, herbs and spices in another shallow dish.  


Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then the corn flake mixture to coat evenly.  Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 350*F oven for 40-45 minutes or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a fork.



No comments:

Post a Comment